A project of The Advocacy Fund, The Coalition to Protect Women’s Health is a group of advocacy nonprofit organizations that have come together to sound an emergency alarm around women’s health, which is under attack by politicians in Washington, DC. The Coalition is urging Senators to vote NO on Trumpcare – which would gut insurance coverage for women and block millions from accessing preventive care at Planned Parenthood health centers.
Right now, some members of Congress are working behind closed doors to quickly pass Trumpcare, which will “defund” Planned Parenthood, eviscerate the Medicaid program – completely eliminating insurance coverage for millions, and roll back other essential care like maternity coverage.
The Coalition has launched a campaign calling on Senators to step up and protect women’s health care. Trumpcare unfairly targets healthcare for women.
For example, it:
- Blocks millions of people from receiving preventive health care from Planned Parenthood health centers
- Eviscerates the Medicaid program – completely eliminating insurance coverage for millions
- Makes maternity coverage more expensive
- Allows survivors of breast cancer and other illnesses to be charged more for insurance
- Reduces access to birth control
- Imposes a nationwide ban on abortion coverage
Trumpcare means you get less coverage but pay more. Families suffer. We need you to demand that your Senator vote NO on Trumpcare.